Sunday, November 20, 2011

Good riddance

So I want to blog more. And write more letters to my missionary brother. And write in my real journal more often. And I had this big plan for Sundays. There's always time to write on Sunday!

And then today happened. And today was really really crappy. And it's all my fault. Which makes the crappiness of this day all that much worse.

I am a worrier. I worry about dumb things. Little things. Little people. Things and people and the things they may or may not think or do that in 5 years, or 5 month really won't be a blip on the radar.

And I'm learning to not let those things rule my life.

But I didn't today. Today I moped around and let my bad mood rule the day. I got annoyed at the kids and argued with my husband. And Franky was a wild man, going from room to room wreaking havoc (this is not an exaggeration).

I just wish someone would come over and tell me what to do with this kid sometimes. I know I'm doing something wrong, I just don't know how to fix it. It it an ADD thing? Is he not getting enough attention?

It's like the potty training issue. He totally knows how to go on the potty. And there have been times I've really pushed it. But he's backslid so much that now he won't even tell me when he's pooped in his diaper which often results in diaper rash and me being EXTREMELY annoyed.

I love these little boys, I love them so much. But that doesn't mean that really crappy days don't exist in the parenting department over here.

love, ali

PS. Here are some pictures I found of happier times from the summer, before seasonal defective disorder began ruling our lives.










No comments: