Thursday, August 18, 2011

SAHM


This choice is not easy, this stay at home mom gig. I never thought I would say that. It's all I've ever wanted to be. I always thought the choice to stay home with my kids was the easy thing as opposed to simply the best thing. It's exhausting and frustrating mixed with exhilarating and fun and oh so heart warming. But there's good day and bad days, just like in a "job" job. But the difference is that these are my children, they are my everything, and I feel like the stakes are so high...

But I'm learning that it's okay to say "I can't do this 24/7 for weeks at a time without a single break... ever." I'm learning it's okay and even crucial that I have time for myself and my photography is allowing for a lot of that. But when it's not, I'm taking time away from the children to think and learn and grow (and shop and get a pedicure). And it's enabling me to be a better mother.


These photos of me and my boys are such a treasure. As a photographer I don't have a lot of pictures of myself. Especially of me and my kids. And I hope the images I'm creating for people give them the same sort of warm feeling these pictures give me. They make me realize why I do this day in and day out.

love, ali

No comments: