Thursday, October 7, 2010

Delirious ramblings

I'm sick. It sucks. The end.

But I don't know what's wrong with me. My joints ache and I feel lightheaded. I feel like sleeping the day away. Is it the rain that's doing this to me? Or some far greater source of molecular evil? I've already had my flu shot, thank you.

We have been trying various degrees of "crying it out" with Drew ever since he slept through the night three days in a row. He has been doing a TON better at night, going to sleep around 8 and not getting up again until 6:30ish, and then usually it's just to nurse. Franky didn't do that until he was at least 8 months old. You her that son? Nary a full nights sleep for well over eight months. THAT'S a mothers love right there.

But right now it's nap time and so far the "beeb" hasn't slept more than a few minutes in the car during errands and he is TIRED. But he will not sleep. Unless, if I'm being honest, he is nursing. So what does that mean for me? Two hours in bed, stressing about my messy house. But not sleeping because it's kind of hard to get super comfy when you're doing that sort of thing. So I'm trying to let him cry for a bit. But it's been a bit and he's still pretty upset. He'll settle down for a few minutes and then he remembers that he's in bed with no mommy and he starts WAAAAAAIIIIILING.

I don't know where this blog post is headed really. I guess I would just like to complain for a minute and then I might feel better. Not physically, but, ya know, mentally. I tried venting to Franky but all he had to say was "garbage truck!"

Love, ali

1 comment:

Katie said...

That post could have been written by me. Except I'm not sick and my beeb still wakes up 3-5 times a night. She WILL NOT nap, even if I let her cry it out. She sleeps in the car (sometimes), in the stroller (sometimes), and nursing. So I sit on my butt in front of the tv with a sleeping baby attached to my boob, looking at my disastrous house and wishing desperately I could get something - anything - done.

But baby wins. Napping is pretty much the only time she's not fussing, so I'll take it ;)

I console myself with the knowledge that this too shall pass.