Monday, September 27, 2010

Typical Monday Morning

"I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." -Anna Quindlen, Author


This morning I just enjoyed my boys. We hung out and watched a little bit of a movie called 10,000 B.C. It's not really a kid movie but Franky begs to see the "tiger" and the "guys" and tells me they are "SO COOOOOOOL!"

We went grocery shopping like we always do on Mondays.

Typical shopping venture:

The moment we put the grapes in the cart Franky begins begging for one. What's a mom to do? He doesn't understand that we are charged by the weight. But I figure Walmart can afford a few cents less in grape revenue with all the money I spend there.

He eats them happily until I swing by the string cheese. It's sort of tradition, eating grapes and string cheese as we cruise down the isles. I would feel bad for presenting the clerk with a half-eaten string cheese to scan but I always make a point to not make them touch the wrapper. It's usually spitty and, if I'm being honest, full of the partially chewed bite Franky can't manage to swallow. I just hold it up for them to scan with a half-smile and a shrug. I think they sort of know the drill by now.

Upon arriving home Franky helped me bring in groceries. Then we had a turkey sandwich and some more grapes for lunch. We ventured into the backyard and Franky called for the orange cat we saw on our fence yesterday. He doesn't understand that all the neighborhood cats are too scared of Tyke to hang out in our yard. It makes me a little sad for Franky because he LOOOOOVES "kiddies".

And now the babies are napping, safe and sound in their cribs. I wonder what our Mondays will look like in a year? In five years? We are always moving so quickly towards our future, too quickly. I'm working real hard at savoring the now.

love, ali

No comments: