Thursday, June 3, 2010

Twosies


Wow. Two kids. It's so much harder and yet so much easier than I ever imagined.

Going from one child to two compared to going from zero to one has been a much smoother transition.When I brought Franky home from the hospital my whole life was transformed. I had become a mother. And not just a mother. A full-time, stay at home mom.

This time around I am fully aware of what I'm in for. The long nights. The worry. The love so fierce it aches at times. And yet I was still blown away by how instantaneous the connection was.

Baby Drew has turned out to be a dream baby, just like Franky. I have never had to endure a colicky baby (knock on wood) and I try and remember just how lucky I am.

I also feel like I'm coming down from the hormone-driven emotional duress that has been the past few months. I don't know how it got so bad but I was in a really dark place for a while. But I'm so so so happy to say that I really believe it was mainly hormone-related. I am a much happier person nowadays.

And it's especially easy to be happy on days like today. The sun is shining! And 0ur yard is nearing completion. We will soon be romping in the backyard on green green grass. My house is not in turmoil. I finished another baby blanket yesterday which for some reason makes me feel empowered. My boys are in good health and good spirits and we're getting ready to burn off some energy outside before naps. Then I'm going to get ready - like really do my hair and everything - because my baby brother is graduating today and I get to attend and play paparazzi. My darling sis-in-law is watching my big boy so I only have to take the baby which almost feels like vacation.

Hope you're having a glorious day as well!

love, ali

No comments: