Saturday, April 3, 2010

Vacation/pregancy/bathroom nap woes

A few ranty/random thoughts:
  • I am not a fan of 18 holes of golf. It takes too long and leaves me feeling resentful that I haven't discovered a hobby that can get me out of baby-duty for 4+ hours at a time.
  • Also, I don't really believe in men having fun. It's one of the main points of feminism and I'm nothing if I'm not a feminist.
  • I don't really like Peeps unless they are stale but apparently I like them enough to pound half a box of those perfectly fluffy little beauties in under a minute.
  • Also, I stole said Peeps from "Franky's" Easter basket. #MOTHERHOODFAIL.
  • Being sick is crappy, but being sick whist 7.5 months pregnant is double crappy.
  • Being sick, WHILE being pregnant, WHILE on vacation is just about the crappiest (but not as crappy as having cancer or being born with no arms. See? Perspective).
  • Speaking of crappy, the child outside of my womb is taking a nap in the bathroom (although, we opted for a crib instead of the tub). It's not that we habitually make him sleep in the same room as the toilet but he really has much better luck with naps when I'm not in the same room. Also, it's really dark in there. Also, it's echo-y.
  • One really CRAPPY thing (ok, I'm done) about the napping child in the bathroom is that I've REALLY got to pee. It comes down to the ultimate choice: relieve my bladder pain and wake sleeping child? or wait it out and savor the peace and quiet? So far, I'm choosing the latter.
  • I have been spoiled by our new, king-sized, ultraplush mattress at home and have thus lost one the favorite things to look forward to while staying at hotels: bigger, comfier beds.
  • Being this pregnant makes me sweat. Like A LOT. Even when I'm not hot. It's extremely attractive. I've resorted to combating the constant cat-calls with a t-shirt I made which reads "Only perverts think sweaty, pregnant ladies are hot." I have a real knack for shame.
  • Also, I'm now officially huge which means shopping for clothes is no fun which means all of this money I could justify spending on new clothes (since Zach is spending so much on his multiple 18-holes of golf) is just going to stay right in that bank account. BOO FATSS!!!
all my sweaty, rant-filled love,

ali

No comments: