Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday

Today I woke up without a plan. It's Saturday and Zach is home. Which means I get some "me" time. And I don't feel so much pressure to clean and all that usual household-ey stuff (until after the kid is asleep and not available to take out every toy I put away... because, you know the words, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday" - except I usually sing this about every following day, as soon as Franky goes to bed while I'm picking up toys and loading my dishwasher). Did the words between those parenthesis make sense?

Anyways, without a plan I always feel a little bit crappy. I've come to realize if I don't have a project or a to-do list of some sort that it's hard for me to feel good about life. Even if it's just a few simple things: laundry, vacuum the house, start priming the dresser for paint, etc. I don't do well unless I feel like I've accomplished something. That's the thing about being your own boss. The only one who's there to pat you on the back is yourself.

And today, waking up without an idea of what to do I kind of felt BLECH. But I got up and thought "I'm going to make today a good day." So I took a shower and thought of a few things I could accomplish. And then I did them. And now I feel great. And a little tired because Franky has decided that 6:30 am is the new 8:00 am which means time to wake up mommy and daddy.

Anyways, I'm rambling but I guess what I wanted to say is this: I got some stuff done today and it made me feel good. And then I bought some new clothes that make me feel really cute which is kind of a big deal when you're super-duper pregnant. And I am happy now. THE END.

love, aloicious

No comments: