Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Seasons


I've had a lot of friends lately who are going through really rough times. I wish there was more I could do for them other than lend an ear or a prayer. Of course I've got my own stuff going on but it's mostly pregnancy related and how with 15 weeks to go I'm already pretty uncomfy and extremely emotional and all that comes with growing a new human in your abdomen. Not to mention the stress from our impending move which also involves finding new renters. I despise that whole process. Ugh.

Zach and I were talking the other day about seasons in our lives and how basically everyone struggles at different times with different things. There have been times where I've felt really put together and motivated physically but not quite where I wanted to be spiritually. And there have been times where I've felt so far gone I didn't know how I was going to get back to good.

Life isn't meant to be perfect and easy at all times. But that doesn't stop my heart from aching for the ones I love who are hurting right now. And Haiti, my word. I can't stop watching the coverage on CNN. So much tragedy. And now and again a glimpse of hope as someone is pulled from the rubble \EIGHT DAYS LATER. It's incredible.

I think often times the most dire circumstances bring out the best in people. I know I've seen this in my own life. Maybe it's just me but I feel like God knows I'm not going to change until I'm good and humble. I read this post the other day and thought how applicable this thought was to the ones I spend the a lot of time thinking about lately.

Anyways, those are my thoughts today.

Love, aloicious

No comments: