Saturday, May 16, 2009

Of temperments and villages

Dear son,

Over the past couple of months you have grown into quite the dynamic little dude. I feel as if your days as baby Franky are dwindling as you become more and more independent. In fact each day you are less baby-ish and more little boy-ish. But that could also be due to the fact that you now have hair. And several teeth.


Ah, teething. Does it ever end?? Not really, you just get short breaks. We're also back and forth on sleeping through the night. You've only REALLY slept ALL night like twice. But ever since your teeth decided to stop torturing you last week you have been sleeping a lot better! We're talking 2 solid nearly 2 hour naps daily and 10-11 hours of sleep a night. This nightly rest is still pocketed with 2-3 wakings for a quick nurse. But I will take 2-3 when you immediately go back to bed afterward then 5-6 with pockets of restless sleep all night.


Overall you continue to be one happy little baby. The other day you woke up from your morning nap and after crying out for a few seconds you proceeded to discover something insanely funny. You laid there and laughed at whatever it was for a good 10 minutes or so before I couldn't resist your charms anymore, and rushed downstairs to scoop you up. I love it when you're in a good mood, which is fortunately most of the time.



We can't take you anywhere without someone commenting on how social and friendly you are. You are quick to smile at cute girls and old ladies alike. And you are usually pretty smiley with the fellas as well.


We spent last weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Sumsions house. You got to spend a lot of time with your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.


One morning, after a particularly fitful night of teething and non-sleep you decided it was time to get up at the ungodly hour of 7 AM. I stumbled out into the kitchen with you on my hip where I discovered Sidney and Mason watching cartoons. Of course Sidney wanted to hold you immediately. So I handed you over and told her if you got fussy to bring you into my bedroom. I proceeded to promptly pass out and awoke nearly 3 hours later to a fully changed and fed baby who was ready for a nap (have I mentioned lately how awesome my in-laws are?)


And that's just a small example of the kind hearts that surround you on a regular basis. They say it takes a village to raise a child and you belong to a village full of incredible individuals. LUCKY BOY.

love, mamalicious

1 comment:

Derek said...

I love love love this post. You're awesome Alipants.