Monday, May 4, 2009

The first 8 months



Today Frankles is eight months old. Zach brought him in to me this morning at 7 AM singing Happy Birthday. And I couldn't help but smile, even though moments before I had been fast asleep.

The last eight months have been the first eight months of the best part of my life. And it just gets better and better. At each stage I always think "this is my favorite - I wish you could stay this way forever." And then you learn something new and it fills my heart to the brim.

Like how recently you want to eat whatever I'm eating. AND YOU LOVE IT. And then you find out that daddy's guitar makes a really great drum. And then one day you begin scooting (almost crawling!) across the room to get the phone (you love anything with buttons). And then you discover WOW! You can throw things! And then you throw everything you can get your hands on.

The other day I was having lunch with my friend Derek and we were discussing your zeal for life. You love to be out! You love to see the world around you! Derek said it best: "These children are seeing everything for the first time - the world really is that exciting and new to them."

A couple of days ago we were playing and you were super excited. You began shaking your head back and forth. For a moment I thought you might be having some kind of baby seizure. But I soon realized you were just being a crazy head.

Can I just tell you - I LOVE CRAZY HEAD. It's possibly the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love it more than rainbows or cotton candy. I really can't describe the joy that your crazy head brings to my soul.

I know parenting isn't all fun and games. I know one day you're going to be THAT kid throwing a tantrum in the grocery store. And I'm almost certain there is a sassy, smart-mouthed teenager in my future.

But as long as there are a few moments of pure crazy-head induced euphoria, I think I can handle it.



love, mommylicious

2 comments:

nicole said...

1. omg! his eyes in that first picture spell TROUBLE! but in the "I'm being cute, right?" way.

2. your hair is way cute. i love the color!

Ali-Pants said...

ha ha, thanks Nicole! I'm thinking about cutting it. But it's so long! At least for me.