Sunday, March 15, 2009

Whurd she go?

I've been missing two things the past couple of weeks: motivation and inspiration. But it's all good. Cuz I'm a nobody.

I like having an obscure sort of blog that is mainly read by family and friends. I like not feeling tied down. I like not feeling the need to post EVERY SINGLE day. Or every week, for that matter.

I love that my blog isn't something I'm obligated to do. I never started this blog with the intention of making money. The thought never even crossed my mind until I'd already been blogging for six months and discovered it's even possible to make money by blogging.

My life is not on the internet. My life is far from the computer (esp. since I don't work full-time anymore). I've got real relationships, friendships, obligations and hobbies. I'm grateful for real life.

But here's the excuses for not blogging bullet points from the past couple of weeks:

. Been working part-time for Zach's office. It's been nice to get out of the house.
. Spent lots of time with my favorite sister and possibly my favorite person ever. She was home for spring break, she's the smart "college educated" sister.
. Our basement is finally finished! Which means Franky has his own room and all his stuff had to be moved in. And we got a new BIGGER bedroom and all of our stuff had to be moved. AND I finally got my own room for nails and all of that had to be reorganized. So we haven't moved, but it sure feels like we have.


On the workout front, I slacked last week! Instead of my usual 4.5 miles, 2 miles, 4.5 miles and 7 miles, I only did a 5 miles and a 7 miles. And my 7 miles was BRU-TAL. I will not be slacking anymore during this little training program.

And the best news I've had in a long time (drum roll please............), this weekend I bought a pair of SIZE SIX shorts. That's the smallest I've EVER BEEN, people! I am used to grabbing a 10 and occasionally going back for a 12.

This running stuff really melts it off ya. And the tiny earthling depleting my calories on a daily basis is a welcome weight-loss tool.

I'M A WEIGHTLOSS MACHINE!!

Until next time...

love, aloicious

3 comments:

Casey said...

That sounds nice, not feeling obligated to blog. I'm the opposite, it's this weight hanging over me which I'm pretty sure isn't a good thing.

Glad you got moved and everyone has more room. Woo hoo on the size 6 shorts! I don't think I've worn a size 6 since middle school. Keep it up, whatever you're doing!

MO and Larry said...

glad to see your back! missed reading about what is going on in your life...love you...hugs, A

MO and Larry said...

ps congrads on all the accomplisments!
A