Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anticipation

Today was spectacular. I awoke with a call from my friend Lisa and an invitation to get out into the fresh air. I broke out the jogging stroller and without even running a brush through my hair set out with my friend and our babies (my bedhead was bad-A, by the way - I want to create a mini book of my best bedhead days - it really is spectacular sometimes).

We did the loop at Liberty Park, catching up on random chitchat. The babies slept mostly and the air was crisp but not chilly. It was so refreshing to get out of the house after so many months of snow and ick.

I have a feeling that this summer is going to be something special. I've built it up so much in my mind, I get a little giddy just thinking about it -- BBQ's with friends, rolling around on blankets with bubs, summer evening walks with the puppy, the smell of freshly cut grass, watching fireworks on the roof. It's going to be great.

I can feel it.

What are you looking forward to this summer??

No comments: