Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The wait is over...


Did I say I was still waiting?

Silly me, that wait is over for little miss braggy pants! Go ahead, tell me you knew it wouldn't last. Tell me no baby is perfect at all times. You know you want to...

I mean, it's not like he's naughty all of the time but he's really ramped up the naughtiness this week.

LinkAnd I guess it's not really naughtiness. It's clinginess and fussiness and all around restlessness.

Is he teething? I don't know. I touch his gums and they don't seem tender and I don't feel any teeth (but I don't even know what they are supposed to feel like; it's all pretty bumpy in there to me).

And as of yesterday I'm pretty sure he's got a little bit of a cold. His nose is running on and off and he's coughing occasionally. So nothing major but I'm sure he's uncomfortable.

Last night was a doosy. He was so restless and just scratching the crap out of his face (luckily I cut his nails that day). He slept early on for about an hour but then he was so restless and woke up screaming. I got up with him but he would not be settled by mommy. Luckily dad has the magic touch and he went back to sleep. But soon he was up again. We gave him some Tylenol and he was fairly restless the rest of the night but at least he slept.

I feel a little bit guilty asking Zach to get up with the baby, even though last night he came to my rescue of his own accord. He HAS to get up at 6 AM and when he awakes in the middle of the night with the baby it's an even bigger deal for him since he doesn't sleep easily in the first place.

But it isn't often that I ask him to take a turn. I think we keep a healthy balance. I try to keep his early morning obligations in mind.

If you have kids, how do you find a balance during those late night cryfests? Did you both have to wake up early on weekdays? How did you swing that?

love, aloicious

1 comment:

Casey said...

We take shifts so that every other night one of us can get some sleep (but usually the crying is too loud for me to sleep). I figure that going to work is WAY less stressful than dealing with screaming kids in your face so why not take shifts. My husband agrees.

I hope Frankles feels better soon. It sounds like maybe his ears are infected?!? Is he drinking his bottles? Does he have any eye goop? I might just be paranoid since we're in ear infection hell over here, who knows.