Monday, January 12, 2009

An unfortunate turn of events


Did you ever have a day at the end of a line of really mundane days that made your remember why you keep trucking on through the sucky ones? Yesterday was one of those days. I was in my groove. I was feeling good about life. I was confident, well-groomed, productive. It was a day to remember.

I awoke with the man of my dreams and made his lunch and kissed him goodbye. I was tired, real tired. But I stayed up anyways. I made myself a hot chocolate, found my favorite blanket and snuggled up on the couch with my laptop. I caught up on my Google Reader, particularly this blog and this blog and some posts brought a tear to my eye while others made me smile at the recognition of similar feeling for a certain child in my life. But still others inspired me to be more than I am right now, to create a life that I can be proud of.

Soon I heard my baby stirring over the monitor. And when Frankles awoke he found himself in mommy-heaven. That's where we lay there for the first 20 minutes or so after he wakes up and just stare and coo at each other. I kiss his little cheeks and he makes little gurgly noises and all is bliss.

When we finally ventured out of the bedroom I did some laundry, cleaned the living room and got ready for the day. Then off we went to meet my aunties and my mom for lunch at Gardner Village. The food was good and there were laughs aplenty. After lunch we set off down the cobblestone sidewalk to shop. The square is filled with different specialty shops. I found myself some treasures and made a couple of mental notes of things to buy when I'm rich and famous. And FB didn't make a peep the entire time. He just snoozed away in his little stroller and was none the wiser that he was the only male intruding on this girls-only outing.

I came home, cleaned house, read some emails and visited my sister-in-law to pick up something for Zach. Came home during rush hour but didn't hit any traffic. Made an amazing dinner and even worked out! I was living large and feeling good.

And then it all went downhill fast. Frankles had a horrible night. One of crying fits every 20-30 minutes, restlessness like you wouldn't believe, rubbing eyes and just all around distress. It was awful. I eventually started nursing him to sleep even though there was no possible way he could have been hungry and that would get him to sleep but several minutes later he was back to full on freak out. I finally gave him some Tylenol around 2:30 AM because I didn't know what else to do. He calmed down slightly after that but only the intensity of his outbursts was diminished, not the frequency. I had planned to take him to the doctor today but now that we are up and he is back to his happy little self. I'm not sure if last night was a fluke or he was teething or what.



Please cross your fingers for fluke.

Love, aloicious

2 comments:

Keely said...

Could be anything - hopefully it was a one-timer and you get some sleep tonight!

Casey said...

Oh no, I hope it was a fluke! All-nighters are no fun, I hope Frankles feels better soon...