Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HASAY: Week quadrillion

Just kidding, it does feel like we've been doing this for quite a while, no? But it's all good. I attribute at least twelve percent of my weight loss to HASAY. The other eighty-eight percent I attribute to breast feeding. Go breast-us-es! (sorry, too much?)

Last week was another banner week. I ran 3 miles Monday and Wednesday. Both on the dreaded treadmill.

I loathe the treadmill. Not only is it boring but I run a LOT faster outside. So it takes me longer to get my miles done when it's icy out. My only condition for running on the treadmill is fear of slipping and twisting my ankle. So if it's icy out, to the treadmill I will go.

Then on Saturday, not only was it warm enough to run outside, but I also ran the farthest I've ever ran consecutively in my whole life: 4 MILES.

I know in a few weeks that will basically be chump change but it was pretty exciting for me at the time.

I also purchased my first pair of actual running shoes this week. My only beef is how huge they are. Which I guess is actually a beef about how big my feet are. I was averaging about 8-8.5 before the baby happened and now I'm averaging about 8.5-9. But I've always bought my shoes as small as I can stand in order to give the appearance that I don't have gross man feet. But with running shoes, apparently you're supposed to have them a little big because after running so many miles your feet swell and also if your toes are rubbing the shoes at all you're in for major blisters after a few miles.

So despite my unfortunately large man-feet, HASAY was a complete success this week. I'm still teetering around 143. I'm hoping to crack 140 by the time I run my race but I don't see that being a problem.

love, aloicious

1 comment:

Casey said...

Wow, you're making great progress over there!
I breastfed my oldest for five months and lost the baby weight immediately. I only did with my second for a month since she had digestive problems so my fat ass has stayed fat.

Running four miles is nothing to scoff at, congrats! I loathe the treadmill too but in FL, it gets WAY too hot to run outside for most of the year so the treadmill is the way to go.

Good luck this week. Congrats on the new running shoes (I have man feet too, 9.5 or 10).