Thursday, January 15, 2009

Da bills, yo...

You know that thing that happens to most women every month weather you want it to or not? That necessary evil? You know, that thing we dread because it causes emotional outbursts and occasional stomach aches?

Guys, I'm talking about paying the bills! (ladies: NO I'M NOT) I really haven't paid the bills for over a year. I didn't pay them at all when I was pregnant and I've only paid a bill here and there since I had FB. Nothing major.

But this month when the bills came due I didst pay. And paid heavily, I might add. It's been the kind of bills where you have to run off to the little bills room every hour or so just to make sure your bills aren't overflowing their basket (internet, please forgive me for this road I have begun to travel down).

And talk about the emotional toll! I don't know about you other girls but paying the bills can really cause me to become quite the little ball of emotions. It's not as bad as it used to be when I was growing up. I guess bills were just a lot more unkind to me back then. Or maybe I was just wussier.

It almost makes me want to get pregnant right away just to put off bill paying for another year.

ALMOST.

And I officially promise to never mention bills on this blog again. You're welcome.

love, aloicious

6 comments:

Casey said...

Believe me, having two kids so close in age is NOT worth getting out of paying the bills. I'm just sayin... ;)

nicole said...

bwahaha. so funny.

also, you haven't really had your period since you gave birth? is that normal? my period is way looney tunes--one month could be a heavy forecast for a week or two and the next could be a light shower for a few days but mostly clear skies. i just hope i don't drain like a faucet when i get pregnant.

oh the metaphors.

Ali-Pants said...

Casey- you're right, I didn't even think of that! Good thing I've got you around.

Nicole- Yes, it's normal if your nursing. It depresses the hormones that cause you to... well, you know. And it's also very common to not have a period at all while you're pregnant.

Katie said...

BEST BLOG EVER.

Also, my monthly bill-paying has been ever-so-bearable with the addition of birth control. However, you're breast-feeding, which I assume means you're not on the bill-paying pill. So that negates my idea.

You know what else is great? ... Xanax.

Ali-Pants said...

Ha ha ha, Katie you make me laugh. "The pill" always turned me into a raging hormonal maniac and I'm afraid of what's to come when we're sick of doing things "the old fashioned way" as far as birth control goes.

Please don't ask me to elaborate. I think Zach's grandpa reads my blog...

nicole said...

it was really funny because when ian read this he turned to me and said "i don't get it. so did zach pay the bills when she was pregnant?" and then he was embarrassed when i explained it him. he will probably be embarrassed if he found out i posted this comment too...