Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm still alive...

I have been slacking in the blogging department. But it's Christmas eve-eve... and I've been busy... and I've been having major writers block.


But I just wanted to show off my cute Christmas nails this week. I'm not a big fan of crazy, cheesy holiday nails. But I do like to get a little festive now and then. I don't like to have nails that make people stop in their tracks and wonder if you are the secretary for the circus. But I do like to have a little pop. It intrigues people and I've found many clients that way.

I'm a nail tech by trade. I finished nail school almost 3 years ago and have worked at least part-time doing nails on the side ever since. It's kind of ironic that I ended up doing nails in the first place (not REALY ironic, more like the Alanis Morissette version of ironic - you know, rain on your wedding day?) Frankly I was never a "nail" person. I'd get them done for dances or weddings in high school but never on a regular basis. And usually at the end of the night I'd end up ripping them off as soon as I got home.


But one day after two years of college and no closer to finding a major I could stomach, I decided I needed a change. I had always thought about doing hair but wasn't sure I'd be good at it. Plus, wasn't hair school, like, TWO YEARS LONG?? This non-college grad wasn't ready for that big of a commitment, totally for sure. Whatever girlfriend!


But then I met my mom's friend Kelly, who was doing pedicures out of her home salon for $50 a pop. That seemed like a pretty sweet gig. So I signed on for the 4-month nail program and I was on my way.

I really enjoy doing nails. I get to be a little creative and show off my hand-eye coordination. And it charges my social battery which I crave even more now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom.


So here's my contribution to the holiday spirit. Hope your holidays rock as much as my nails.

love, aloicious

4 comments:

Casey said...

They look great, very impressive! My nails are cracked and awful, maybe you could fly down and fix them up?

Keely said...

Those are hawt! I was so impressed with my ability to grow healthy nails when I was pregnant...and then you could see a major ridge where that ability started growing out the minute I popped the kid out, lol.

I can't maintain nice nails. I'm too much of a 12 year old boy.

Ali-Pants said...

Casey - Aw yeah! I would LOVE to do your nails sometime! Next time in Florida...

Kelly - Why thank you missy! I am a habitual nail biter and so mine only get long when I keep the acrylics up.

Casey said...

Hey stranger... I'm doing my HASAY rounds and seeing if you're still with us! I'm back on the wagon starting tomorrow... you on board?