Monday, November 17, 2008

Prankles

A couple of days ago I was running errands and as I sat at the stop light my cell phone rang. The number on the caller ID was an unfamiliar area code. So thinking it was someone calling about the apartment we have for rent, I decided to answer. I picked it up and said hello only to be berated by a man speaking lightning fast Spanish. I thought maybe he was conducting some type of survey or something and happened to accidentally call someone who didn't speak Spanish. I quickly muttered "no habla Espanol" and hung up the phone.

A couple of days later I got am email from my friend Danielle who is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She explained to me that she told this guy in her ward about how she used to work at the LDS Conference Center decorating for events. The guy asked her if she knew any of the general authorities since the conference center is right by the church office building where they all congregate. She told her that she and President Monson were really good friends and that she has his cell number if he ever wanted to call him up. And thus my cell number was given and I was called. But Jose was probably bummed he didn't get the real pres of the church, just president of Franklville.

Another classic Danielle. She's still got it even after all this time.

love, aloicious

3 comments:

goodfather said...

Ha ha, classic! I also love the telemarketing gag (heh, BugLovers.com).

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh my word! How funny!

Ali-Pants said...

BugLovers.com makes me laugh just thinking about it. Tee hee! ( I just thought about it )