Sunday, November 30, 2008

HASAY Update

This week I really slacked on my blogging... but... I've got good news: I'm up to 3 workouts this week! Go me, uh huh, oh yeah, I'M_THE_BOMB.COM. Now imagine me doing the "raise the roof" dance.

I ran 3 days this week, almost 3 miles each time. I've found that scream-o music makes me feel like a badass and thus I find myself running much faster and with better posture. At first I was just pumping up with Underoath and then I remember The Almost. Both bands share the same lead singer and both have albums with great running beats. There's nothing like a skinny redhead screaming a super sweet chorus in your ear like "I had the whole world in my hands but I gave it AWAAAAAAAYYYY" to pump you up for a sweet run.


This week my goal is to try a morning run. Tomorrow I am waking up at 6:30 to give myself time to shake off the morning blues and run my butt around the park. I figure once I start the actual training for my 1/2 marathon I'll need to be doing some morning running to make sure I get it all in. Wish me luck!

Also, look for some wickedawesome posts this week, I promise.

love, aloicious

4 comments:

Derek said...

I imagined you doing the raise the roof dance, and I literally laughed harder than I have in a while. Man - my imagination is really detailed.

Maybe instead of listen to screamo music about the world in your hands you could listen to that one song:

He's got the whole world, in his hands, he's got the whole wide world, in his hands, he's got the whole world in his hands. That song pumps me up like nothing else.

Casey said...

Raise the roof, cause that's awesome that you ran three times! Woot woot! I'm struggling to fall into an exercise pattern but I'm hoping it'll come at some point. I'm not going to get all crazy with 1/2 marathon talks since I'm too lazy for that sort of thing but the fact that you're doing it is awesome! Oh, and my word verificatin is NIKIE, only off one letter from Nike. That's a sign that we need to run more! Either that, or we need to buy new shoes..

goodfather said...

Woot! Woot! Hands in the air! Uh, spinning all around... wait. I think that's my three-year-old's dance.

Great job running! That is very cool, as is training for a 1/2 marathon! That's going to be some great blogging material, heheh.

Ali-Pants said...

D-rock: excellente! I will add that one to my running mix pronto.

Casey: I think we deserve new shoes for sure. I would love some brown slouchy boots but I don't know how well I could run in them.

GF: I'll be blogging every step of the way espcially when I start the ACTUAL training. So far the training I've been doing has been for the actual training I'll start in a month or so. I'm an over-preparer for things of a physical nature.