Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Livejournal rehash

Boy oh boy, Live Journal just keeps bringing back the memories. This time I found myself reading the old LJ of a boy I dated right after high school who was somehow still on my friends list. We'll call him Double A.

So AA was a year younger than me and probably one of the most interesting people I've ever met. He was an ex-raver turned straight-edge. He was a poet and a philosopher and was big into Reiki. He was definitely a wordsmith in many ways. He would tell me stories of all sorts - about himself, his family, people he knew, etc. And at the time I thought about 50% of what he'd tell me was made up. But now that I think back probably about 90% of it was made up. He was a great liar. I know that doesn't sound like a compliment but he'd do it in sort of a joking way and just push it as far as he could until I called him out on it. And even then most of the time he'd still just let me believe what I would.

AA wasn't fat but he was somewhat of a big boy. One time I was telling him that my mom was thinking of going on the Atkins diet. At that point he told me he'd lost 50 lbs on that diet. I just remember saying how cool that was and he just let it go. But thinking back, it was all a ruse. LOL

Anyways, I just read a lot of his LJ and remembered a lot of funny things and tidbits from that era of my life I'd forgotten about. It's crazy to think I've now been married for 4 years and have a little brown eyed baby sleeping on my chest (or maybe they're blue, they change every day I swear). My how our tastes change. But that time in my life still makes me laugh. And I'm glad time sweetens memories. I'm grateful to have had relationships with some memorable characters. Because they all led me to the craziest character of all:

Packy

2 comments:

IANLICIOUS said...

I run into AA every once and a while at school. I totally forgot you guys dated. That was so long ago.

One Sassy Mama said...

Nice pic of Z. For sure this is a proud moment--hehe.