Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beginning stats and first workout





Weight: 165 lbs

Left to loose: 25 lbs














Okay, so after my appointment at the doc's yesterday, I came home and said to Packman: "honey, watch the child. I'm going for a run."

And I thought, well now that I've said it, I might as well do it. So I did. I got my trusty dog attached to his trusty leash and put some trusty poo-bags in my trusty pocket. And off we went!

At first I could really feel the fa a-jiggling. But after a few minutes I couldn't feel it anymore. I'd like to think that at that point the fats decided to hold on for dear life and tightened right up (maybe this is what toning is). Yeah, my fats were toning. Or maybe my body just wouldn't allow me to feel the actually jiggling because it would be too much to handle. Like when your arm is severed off and you go into shock. Maybe my body was in fat-shock.

Regardless of what actually happened I started to feel really good. I don't know how far I ran but I made it to the school and did 4 laps around the track. I figured a mile was either 2 or 3 or 4 laps around so I did 4 just to be safe. Then I ran back home.

And afterward I felt REALLY good. Like I always do after a run. And it wasn't particularly hard either. But your first day back is always WAY easier than your 2nd day back or your 3rd or your 4th. I don't know when it starts to get easy again because I usually don't get that far. But I'll let you know when it does.

love, aloicious

5 comments:

Casey said...

Man that's great that you ran on your first day back. Today was mine and I power walked (I didn't swing my arms, don't worry) with my kid in the stroller. We went for 50 minutes which is way more than I've exercised in awhile and it felt great. I think I need to step it up a notch and jog like you did. Great job!

DeeMarie said...

That's awesome!!! I did some power walking but my jiggling wouldn't allow me to go faster. What to get those fat cells toning!! :)

Heather said...

4 times around is a mile woman. And your baby....adorable! LOVE those cheeks and the dimple on the chin.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Alright! Good to go! I have to give myself 25 minutes of walking before I start the jog, I feel this gives the booty the chance to settle in for the ride before I break out the real workout!

Kat@MotherFonker said...

Hi, Ali!

how was your week? hope you did great.

i lost my baby weight then but was replaced by more weight... and more and more.

I'm wearing sizes now that I never thought possible to wear during my last trimesters with the boys. yikes.