Friday, September 26, 2008

Football season

Football seasons is upon us. Zach LOVES college football and so for the next several Saturdays he will escape down to his "lair" in the afternoons to catch a game or two. I'm not such a big football fan but I do enjoy College Pick'em which has become somewhat of a Sumsion tradition. Usually I am too lazy to do my picks, especially when you have to rate them with confidence points. So my picks usually end up being Zach's second-hand picks. But it's still fun to play and read all the trash talking that inevitably ensues.

What I really love about football season is watching Marshall's little league football games. Football is really his sport and he gets better and better every season. One of the reasons I love to go to his games is to watch my dad watch the games. My dad does not take compliments well so I won't spend a lot of time on this. But my dad is a great coach and a great support to my brothers in their sports.



He usually helps coach but right now he's working a night job and can't make it to the practices. But come Saturday he is ready to go and always volunteers to carry around the sideline thingies (I don't know what they're called or what they do but they look heavy and they have to be moved a lot).

Dad is always there yelling encouragement from the sidelines and giving him pointers when he's not on the field (which isn't too often).


Here's to another great football season. GO MURRAY!

Love, ali

No comments: