Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A few of my favorites...

I know I've been kind of slacking on my Favorites Mondays posts but there are a few little favorite things I've discovered or re-discovered lately that I just had to blog about.


1. Clear stamps

While Zach and I were in Provo for our little getaway in May, my mom made me promise to make a visit to Archivers at University Mall. I'd never been before and since I'm not down in Orem a whole lot I decided to stop in. And I was BLOWN AWAY! It's the most amazing scrapbook store I'd ever been to. I was preparing the invitations for my cousin's bridal shower and wanted something to spice up the invites. That's when I happened upon the clear stamps section. The girl who helped me was SO informative and clearly a full blown stamping addict. I walked away about $50 poorer, but infinitely more excited about scrapbooking/card-making than I'd ever been.

Here's an example of something I've done with clear stamps lately. With baby on the way I haven't done a whole lot of scrapbooking but I've been making Thank You cards for my shower gifts.

And this one too! I love the little curl on the baby. CUTE!

2. The Furminator


For part of test for the Canine Good Citizen award your dog must remain calm while the tester pets him and handles his feet and looks at his teeth. She also uses a brush to ensure that he won't be objectionable to being groomed. In the past few months I've tried about 5 different dog brushes and none seemed to do anything against the shedding maniac that is my Tyker Boy. But we needed him to be used to grooming for the test. He has the sleek, short coat of a boxer and while he doesn't shed anything like my neighbors' Australian cattle dog, there are a couple times a year where the hair is inescapable. I usually have him groomed when the heavy shedding seasons start and always pay $5 extra for what the groomer calls the "furminator" treatment. When he gets home after this treatment I don't see a loose hair for days so I know it's good. I started looking into getting one and just using it at home myself to save myself those few trips a year to the groomer and the purchase of brushes I know don't work.


Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase. His first grooming sessions yielded awesome results. I was actually grooming him on the porch and had a HUGE pile of hair for a picture but when I went to get my camera it had mostly blown away.The amount of hair that came off wasn't as drastic as the picture above but it was probably about 1/3 of that amount (which is A LOT, considering he's not shedding too bad right now and his coat is so short and sleek). But yeah for the Furminator!




3. Shia La Bouf


I love Shia La Bouf! It all started with watching him on the Disney Channel as Louis on Even Stevens and culminated with his role in the 4th installment of Indiana Jones. While I didn't LOVE that movie, I really enjoyed watching him act. He is someone I could watch every day. I also REALLY enjoyed him in Transformers. I went into that movie with very low expectations and came out a renewed La Bouf fan. I can't wait for Eagle Eye to come out in September! You can see the trailer here.

4. Google Reader


Nicole has been singing the praises of Google Reader for months but for some reason I never really got into it. But lately work has been pretty slow and I've been jumping around every day to all the different blogs I love, trying to keep myself updated. I finally decided to give Google Reader a real try and it's my new favorite tool! Not only are all updates to my favorite blogs located in one place, but Google Reader also suggests new blogs I might like based on the blog I already subscribe to. It kind of makes me love my life!

Does anyone have any awesome blogs I should add to my Google Reader??

No comments: