Thursday, July 10, 2008

Preggo update


Dang shorty, I am feeling large and in charge these days. I've got less than a couple of months to go but usually when I point this out to people they can't believe I've still got that long (although my friends still tell me I'm not that big... thanks guys!).

Not a lot has changed. I'm just getting more and more uncomfortable but I'm still not to the point where I just want him out right this instant, although I'm sure I'll feel that way at some point. Last night I had a BH conraction in the middle of the night. I woke up to a slight pain in my abdomen and when I felt my belly it was rock hard. Crazy! It only lasted for a couple of minutes. I'm sure REAL contractions will be a lot more painful.

He still moves like crazy just about all day while I'm at work. And he still lets me sleep at night. I hope he's still on this schedule when he is born so we can get some sleep.

And the BIG news is I put in my notice at work. I went back and forth for a long time about weather I wanted to go back to work part-time after Frankleberries gets here. But I finally came to the conclusion that I'd rather err on the side of being home with my baby at least for the first 6 months of his life and I didn't want to leave my work hanging if I decided to quit during my maternity leave. I figure if I decided to go back to work I will be able to either do nails or at least find another awesome job. And my boss even said if I wanted to come back later and there was a job available that they'd hire me back in a heartbeat.

I've really enjoyed working at UMAFS. It's an amazing company. I think sometimes I've taken it for granted because there's so many perks to being an employee there. I get the perfect balance of recognition for my work and freedom. Not to mention all of the perks. As long as you do your job and provide great service to clients you can't go wrong.

I know I'll be good at being a home-maker. I just worry about getting lazy or feeling like I'm not contributing monetarily. I guess that's really a decision about attitude rather than facts.

Love, typey-mc-perggersons (Zach just called me that)

No comments: