Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm domestic!

I don't mean to toot my own horn but...

TOOT TOOT!

I don't have very many recipes but the ones that are my own creation are awesome. So I thought I'd share one so you can see how much I rock at life. I am making these little delights for me and Zach's totally free date night today:

Ali’s Burritos

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

1 small onion, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 finely chopped jalapeño

¼ bottle of chili verde sauce

1 can of cream of chicken soup

2 tbsp taco seasoning

2 tbsp sour cream

1 can black beans

1 C frozen corn

1 big squirt of lime juice

1 tsp cumin (or more)

4 burrito-sized flour tortillas (wrap in damp towel and microwave for 20 secs)

1 lb cooked/shredded chicken

Grated cheese

S&P

avacado

tomato

Sauté the onion in EVOO over medium heat until tender. Add jalapeno and garlic, season with S&P and sauté a few more minutes. While that’s cooking heat a small pan and add the chili verde sauce, soup, taco seasoning and sour cream. After a few minutes add onion mixture to soup mixture. In the now empty pan add frozen corn and black beans. Season with S&P and cumin. Heat until hot. Add a squirt of lime juice. Fill each tortilla with some shredded chicken and some bean mixture and a little sauce and cheese. Place in baking dish. Cover burritos with remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins at 350°. Garnish with tomato, avacado and more sour cream.

No comments: