Saturday, May 3, 2008

baby ponderings...

I've been feeling the baby move just about every day now. And the other night he kicked Zach! I think I was more excited then he was. Mostly because now he doesn't think I'm faking this whole pregnancy thing as an excuse to get super fat. JK

I've been thinking a lot lately about what this kid will be like. From what Zach tells me of his childhood he was somewhat of a hellraiser in his gradeschool years. I was practically the most creative child ever, but very shy. I wonder if Franklberries will end up being anything like Zach or me.

I hear a lot of women say "Oh, she's a stubborn one and always has been - even in the womb." I wonder if you can really tell or if these parents project these images on their children prematurely and therefore the child ends up that way because of the parents. I guess it's really the old "nurture vs. nature" question.

I'm also excited to see what he'll look like. I hope he's not TOO attractive. We can't have him growing up getting things by just looking good. But hey, lets be honest - with a father like Zach he's going to be a looker. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

2 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Sassy Mama said...

My mom says Jordyn is just as dramatic as I was when I was a kid (I beg to differ). But, I do notice similarities in how my kids behave compared to what I used to be like.

I totally believe that some of it has to do w/environment. I'm sure I react in ways to my kids that causes them to act the way they are acting. You know - fueling the drama fire?

My kids are all into reading and school - and so were me and Jeff - I'm sure that's got a bit to do with environment because we've stressed the importance of a good education.

Of course, your child will be the absolute most darling thing ever! You and Z are both cutie pies!Let's just hope he doesn't act like Tyke - hehe.

Can't wait to welcome Frankleberry to the Sumsion way!