Friday, April 18, 2008

Gang bangers

There have been so many shootings near my house lately! The latest is on 1800 S. 400 E. I drive by that house every day on my way to work. EEP! Apparently it was drug related but still! Two men kicked in the door and shot a guy dead.

Last summer there was a residence not 10 houses down from us where a home invasion happened. I can't remember the details but someone was tied up. No one died but had that happened to us it might have be enough to send me to the loony bin. Or at least make me move.

I feel like we live on the border of the really bad area. But sometimes the surrounding areas get the spillover. I don't like to be home alone. Especially in the morning. But at least I've got Tyke to protect me. The other night Zach and Andrew came home from basketball around 11pm. Me and Tyke were watching TV in the living room and they came walking up the house. Tyke started growling and barking like a mad dog. He was pissed! When I opened the door for them I had to hold him back from attacking the boys and he was still growling! Until he smelled Zach and chilled out. So that makes me feel good. I only get scared when Zach isn't there but Tyke makes my phobias bearable in his absence.

Loves to my puppy!

No comments: