Monday, January 21, 2008

Kidney Stones and Chicken Wings

WOW. It's been a crazy week. Zach had to go to the ER on Monday for kidney stones and again on Thursday when they decided to admit him. He then had surgery on Friday to remove the stones that weren't going to pass on their own and left stints in the ureter of both kidneys. He has to get those taken out on Thursday. SCARRY. Zach was really brave throughout the whole thing. I would have been bawling like a baby.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and we both had work off. It also snowed like crazy this morning. I think we had at least 10 inches. Zach somehow willed himself off of he couch and out to snowblow the walks only to find out that our Super-Neighbor, Anthony, had already shoveled away most of the snow.

I think now would also be a good spot to chronicle the terror that arises in my dog from the mere sight of the snow-blower. Whenever he's outside while Zach is using it he places himself at the furthest possible point from the snow-blower whiles staying on the property. At one point I went to leave for the store. After I backed out of the driveway and began driving down the street I noticed Tyke running along side the car. I took him back home and after a couple more tries he finally got the idea that he couldn't come along. I think he thought I was protecting him from the monster of the snow and wanted nothing more than to be saved from it's white jaws.

Pregnancy is more of the same. By that I mean more sleeping, more nausea and more huger. Today I didn't even think about lunch until 1:00 and I was STARVING. I was shaking all over and craving, of all things, chicken wings. So I finished up at Walmart and drove up 21st looking for a Pizza Hut. I ended up settling for Quiznos but as I walked up to the store the two employees out front smoking told me they'd closed early due to lack of employees. WTF????? THERE'S TWO OF YOU OUT HERE POLUTING THE AIR!! How many Quiznos employees does it take to make a hungry pregnant woman a sandwich?? Sounds like a bad joke to me.

Luckily there was a Little Ceasars next door and when I told the lady at the desk of my desperate situation she put some wings in the over for me and I had them within 6 minutes. I've never felt a desperation like this with hunger before. Pregnancy is a wild ride. Those Quiznos employees are just lucky I was past the point of "raging hunger" and had moved onto "frantic hunger" which doesn't allow time for a hissy fit.

Love, ali

No comments: