Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ringing in the New Year

New Years 2008 was fun. We went over to the Hansen's and hung out with the kids and played the games. The Hansen's got a Wii for Christmas and it is FUN. We also played Apples to Apples with Grandma Thomas. Funny stuff. We also banged pots and pans at midnight. That's a little Tate tradition that the cousins have really taken a liking to.

I made an appointment with an OBGYN for February 11th. They said they want your first appointment to be about 10 weeks. Right now I am in my fifth week.

I still don't feel very pregnant symptoms-wise. My belly has been a tiny bit achey the last couple of days but nothing major and all of the books and websites I've been to say it's normal. I can tell I've gained a little weight this month but I've been steadily gaining weight ever since I went off the pill. I've maintained a steady 135 for the past few years and in the past 6 months or so I've climbed to 145. SUCKY. But oh well. I can't get depressed about it because it's bound to happen. I just have to focus my ravenging hunger on healthy snacks. I bought some fruit and veggies at the store this weekend. I also made chicken and rice soup for dinner and it is mighty tasty as well as veggie-full.

The only person I've told so far is my neighbor, Melissa, and her husband Anthony. I wasn't going to tell anyone but it's been hard to hold it in. Not only is Melissa a nurse but she also just gave birth to baby Issac in October so she's got tons of insights and experience. She doesn't have any ties to my family and most of my friends so I know she won't tell anyone. She was so excited when I told her! She's one of the only ones who knows we've been trying and she always teases Zach about it. The day after I told her she brought me a photo album from Target with Winnie the Pooh on it. It's so cute! She also gave me a fabulous book to borrow called What to Expect When You're Expecting. It gives you a little report week-by-week and even tells you how big the baby is and what's happening in it's development. FUN!

I can't believe it's really happening. I just keep praying that Baby will be born happy and healthy and that I won't have any complications.

I'm so excited to be a mommy. Zach and I were talking last night about how if we'd have gotten pregnant right away after marriage we wouldn't have been ready. But now we really do feel ready. I never thought I would really get to this point of actual baby hunger but here I am. I guess it's hard to see beyond your own little perception at times.

Here's wishing you a fabulous New Years!

Love, Ali

No comments: